Instagram is a highly successful social media platform to generate awareness and business. In the present day, professionals and brands exceedingly use it for online branding. Whether it is about a sports brand, shopping mall, jewellery showroom or even artists; everyone is including Instagram in their marketing strategy. When one is starting out one’s online campaigns, a question which pops up in everyone’s mind is – “How to increase Instagram followers?” In this blog, we shall help you understand the organic and paid methods that can help you reach out to your target group.
- Know Your Target Group (TG)
Once you have created an Instagram page and filled the important details like Bio, Call to Action, etc., you need to create your content as per your TG. You must understand who your page audience is, because if you’re not creating content for a definite audience – you are going directionless. Once you know your TG, you can start posting relevant information useful for them. For example, if you create a Page to share “Interesting Facts” (Did You Know?) types, then you can keep Students particularly in your TG. It’s an open topic that people would love to explore about, so you can try reaching out to different age-groups, but keep a primary TG, i.e., students in this case. Post more of Facts that would resonate with the students.
Now, imagine you have a Jewellery Showroom, and want to reach to women of age group above 25; then post content that talks about women and not teenage girls. Post jewellery photographs of female models wearing them so it creates an impression that a particular piece of jewellery looks amazing on women. Post according to your TG.
- Post Attractive Photos / Quotes / Videos With Relatable Caption
When you post a video or a graphic, make sure you write a lovely caption as well. Incorporate relevant hashtags (10-12 at least), that could help you reach out to people with similar interests. Using 30 hashtags can appear spammy at times, so minimise the usage of hashtags while making their presence effective. Remember the saying that, “Content is the King”. So what you post over a regular period of time becomes your long-term investment, and it pays you back as more and more people discover your Page.
- Regularity Matters
By posting regularly it doesn’t mean that you important post everyday. You could do that too if you have the resources to create that much content. But create a viable content posting strategy, so you create a certain Brand Image in the eyes of your customers. For instance, media pages make 6-8 posts a day, while businesses focus on 1 post a day. The gist of this point is, that “don’t go out of sight for your audience.”
Out of sight may mean going out of business, because people tend to forget things soon, as your competitors keep them engaged in your absence.
Create a weekly or monthly content calendar, according to which you post. By doing so, you create a loyal following for your page and your business.
Are you wondering that above points emphasise more on content development than to increase Instagram followers?
Here, you must know that concentrating on content part is the first step towards achieving your goal of getting more sales and conversions.
Read the following points for tips on how to grow your audience!
- Interact With Your TG Using Organic Activity – This includes following different hashtags related to your audience’s interest. For example if you own a Designer Boutique, then search posts using hashtags such as #designerboutiqueindelhi (or your city) and see if those intrigue you. If they do, then leave a like or comment. Follow such people from your official handle. Do not follow to unfollow, but genuinely connect with people who resonate with you.
The people you interest with could be your prospective customers, or people you could collaborate with later. Search for Locations which are majorly shopping areas in your locality or popular in your city. You can also connect with those people, knowing they are interested to shop. You’ll have to discover your relevant audience on Instagram one by one, using this formula of reaching out and interacting with similar profiles or like-minded people.
Do not overdo liking, commenting or following people in a single day. If you do so, then Instagram could block you speculating those activities as spammy/unnatural to generate quick follow-backs. Make note of these suggestions!
2. Stay Connected & Show Some Love To Your Followers & People You Follow – Once you follow someone, stay updated with their posts, connect with them through comments and likes. Respond to comments on your posts from strangers who have queries about your content, products or services. Timely responding them creates a positive image of your brand in their eyes.
3. Collaborate / Giveaways / Contest– See if you can create a contest either solo or with another page. That could involve a giveaway from both sides, and participation of people on your page. This would increase your page activity and followers too. The extent of giveaway depends on your budget.
4. Incorporate Advertisement – It is mandatory for your Instagram handle to be connected with a Facebook Page to be able to run advertisements. Do that, and try reaching out to your audience by filling all the filters related to Age, Location, Interests, Gender & Call to Action. There are different kind of ads you can run on the basis of your purpose. If you want to generate leads then try running Lead Generation Campaigns, if you want to increase Instagram followers, then focus on running Stories & Posts Ad with an attractive advertisement (graphic or video preferably), with CTA being Visit the Profile & not website or form. The amount to be spent on the ad depends on your budget completely!
5. Cross-Promotion: Share your page link across different social media platforms. It could be in your Instagram Bio of personal profile, on your Facebook profile, in your Youtube channel covert art, in your TikTok profile, etc.
6. Word of Mouth Works – Share your posts within your circle, because the more word you spread, the wider it reaches.
Follow these methods to increase Instagram followers. Keep creating good content; you never know which ‘one post’ goes viral and gives your brand a recognition it deserves.
If you think we missed any point, then share it in the comments section below. Follow Artist Address for more such tips!